A large sub-industry of its own, this section covers the numerous solar panel certifications and standards for solar panels, inverters and other components.
The certification section is based on Team Sinovoltaics’ yearlong experiences with the certification process of solar modules UL/ IEC certification and module testing. Discover various issues, pitfalls and special details related to certifications.
In this regularly updated section you can get professional insight about the:
- Main solar module certifications such as UL1703, IEC 61215 and IEC 61646
- Country-specific solar module certifications, such as CEC (Australia), JET (Japan) and MCS (UK)
- Inverter quality and safety standards such IEC 61683 and IEC 62109
- New solar charge controller and battery certifications.
For more specialized insight and knowledge about the quality and safety standards, certification processes, loopholes you may also have a look at our "Comprehensive Guide to Solar Module Certifications", of which we will launch an update later this year at Sinovoltaics.com.
- Clean Energy Council (CEC) Australia
- MCS Certification: solar panel quality scheme in the UK
- NRTL Certification: quality mark for solar panels in the USA
- CE Mark: testing and certification
- JET certification for solar products in Japan
- What standards and certifications are used for PV mounting systems?
- EU RoHS directive for solar panels
- RoHS Certification and Labeling
- China RoHS for solar panels
- AFNOR Certification (French Association for Standardization)
- CSTB Certification: BIPV quality mark for France
- NF Mark used in the solar industry
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL): testing body and UL 1703 certification
- Technischer Überwachungs-Verein: TUV solar certification
- IEC certifications: IEC 61215, IEC 61646 and more explained
- Solar battery certification: IEC 61427 explained
- Solar charge controller certifications: IEC 62509 and IEC 62093
- Solar inverter certifications: UL 1741, IEC 61683, IEC 62109