Software: Archelios Pro and Archelios Calc
Archelios Pro and Archelios Calc are computer software which support in optimum design, installation and operation of Solar PV systems.
What is a Photovoltaic Software?
A Photovoltaic Software is a PC software which assists in the sizing, simulation and data analysis of solar PV systems. It can be used for different systems like grid connected, stand alone and DC-grid systems, and helps in optimum cost for design and manufacturing of solar systems and performance improvement.
PV software can be used for simulation of PV system fields’ production, estimation of electrical production and calculation of project profitability.
PV software can be used as a tool to support in PV sizing, providing a PV sizing calculator which supports in sizing of PV system projects, and also as a PV simulation software.
Archelios Pro and Archelios Calc Software
It is a software developed by Trace Software international, which is one of the worldwide leaders in software development and engineering services. Archelios Calc is a component of the tools contained in archelios suite. It is used alongside with archelios Pro. Archelios Pro is an application which allows the 3D simulation, calculation and the analysis of photovoltaic installations, in order to be able to provide the electrical sizing of all the components required for system installation.
Archelios Calc and Archelios Pro, form a packaged solution to provide assistance in all work required for the total PV project development from the feasibility study to the finalization of design and calculations notes.
Features of Archelios Pro and Archelios Calc
The archelios Pro and archelios Calc provide many features and functions including the following:
- Solar calculation for PV sizing and photovoltaic installation design support
- Ergonomic and intuitive support for any type of PV installations
- Flexibility and speed of the photovoltaic sizing
- PV calculation and simulation tool along with HV module
- Database for equipment and components with the built-in multi-manufacturer database
- PV sizing calculator system including estimation of solar irradiation, tools for inverters sizing and Calculation of energy generation
Data need for Archelios Pro and Archelios Calc
Data is required for successful operation of the software and accurate calculations as this PV software requires various input parameters for the proper simulation and sizing.
This data includes:
- Site information: like coordinates and reflection coefficients
- Technical data of inverters and modules
- Meteorological data
- Also Various type of losses must be accounted for, like:
- Meteorological data variation
- Module characteristics mismatch
- Reflection angle losses
- Cables and inverters electrical losses
- Modules clogging and aging
- Temperature losses
Importance of Archelios Pro and Archelios Calc
With the proper use of the Archelios Pro and Archelios Calc software, it can be guaranteed that maximum performance can be obtained from the PV system along with below benefits:
- Precision of system design
- Increased productivity of installed modules
- Reduced installation and manufacturing cost
- Forecast of system production and return on investment for plans