What are Pre-Shipment Inspections (PSI)?
Pre-Shipment Inspections (PSI) on solar energy components allow you to assess whether the final PV components meet the agreed quality standard. A Pre-Shipment Inspection allows you to detect and replace any defects right after the manufacturing process.
What are the advantages of Pre-Shipment Inspections (PSI)?
Inspecting your PV components prior to shipment offers the following advantages:
- Reduce your costs: prevent any recalls/damage of your reputation by replacement of defect PV components prior to shipment
- Avoid paying for any PV components that carry defects
- Gain full insight on your PV product quality 'pre-shipment'
- inspections on-site at solar factories
- usage of advanced testing equipment
- certainty about quality before paying the supplier
How are Pre-Shipment Inspections (PSI) performed? Pre-Shipment Inspections are usually performed once 100% of solar energy products have been manufactured, and over 80% of products have been packed.
Pre-shipment inspections are executed according to the following procedure:
- Client orders the Pre-Shipment Inspection with Sinovoltaics and the inspection is scheduled with the factory.
- Once the PV components have finished production, our PV Quality Engineer will arrive on-site at the factory to perform an inspection according to the agreed quality standard and according to strict sampling.
- Sampling is determined according to sampling standard ISO 2859-1:1999. Typically according to general inspection level G-II or G-III.
- Any defects found will be documented and evaluated according to the Accepted Quality Limit (AQL).
- Based on the analysis of the results, Sinovoltaics will determine if your ordered PV components have passed or failed the inspection. You will be notified directly about the results.
- A detailed inspection report will be issued within 2-3 working days.
What other PV-specialized quality inspection services do we offer?
Sinovoltaics' PV component inspections can be conducted at all stages of the manufacturing process. Pre-Shipment Inspections typically complement Production Monitoring. Sinovoltaics offers the following inspections:
- Production Monitoring
- Pre-Shipment Inspection
- Packing and Loading Supervision
- 100% Electroluminescence (EL) review
What are your benefits implementing ZERO RISK SOLAR?
Entrusting Sinovoltaics with the quality assurance of your PV components - your benefits:
- 100% independent from suppliers and manufacturers
- PV component-specialized quality engineers
- comprehensive quality testing with strict attention to detail
- apply our proprietary quality standards and inspection techniques
- detailed, confidential, and fast inspection reporting