Is it a good choice to purchase packaged solar panel kits?
Solar panel kits contain all the equipment along with the panels to harness energy from the sun. The panels convert the light source into electricity through the use of batteries. Furthermore, the kit also contains inverter to store the harnessed power and use it when needed. The benefit of choosing solar panels kits is that one can install the same quickly with ease. Although they look complex in the beginning, availability in a variety of options makes it easy to pick the right one for a household.
- Grid-tied solar power kits: If the usage of power consumption is low, then choosing grid-tied power kits is the right choice. They save all the needed energy and store for later use. One can even use generator, washing machine, and dishwasher.
- Small off-grid solar power kits: It is helpful for those where grid power is unavailable. It is a small unit consisting of batteries and an inverter. The inverter receives the power from the batteries and transforms it into alternating current.
- Hybrid solar panel kits: It is helpful for those who consume high energy. The package provides the opportunity to use the electricity during daytime and store electricity in batteries that is useful at night.
Certainly, solar panel kits are available in different sizes. So, one can choose a unit depending upon the requirement of a household. The components of the kit include – solar panels, inverter, connectivity and mounting systems, and charge controller.
A solar panel kit offers the following benefits:
- Reduction in electricity bills
- Reduction in greenhouse gases
- A few kits provide the chance to expand the presence of the panels if the current setup is not offering enough power
Selection of the solar panel kits come in several wattage configurations. One can select according to the kilowatt hour, price, brand, amp hours, or output watts. Some of the leading brands include SunPower, LG Electronics, SolarWorld, REC Solar, Canadian Solar, Kyocera Solar, Panasonic, Hyundai, and Hanwha. Before opting for a brand, it is crucial to compare and receive quotes for a particular kilowatt hour. A sensible way to reduce the costs is by going through the site of the Department of Energy, which helps in understanding the glossary, terms, and conditions necessary for setting up a solar power plant for residential or commercial use.